At Walton we aim to provide a safe and welcoming environment for our children young people and their families to explore and learn and practice their belief in God, and grow on their faith journey.
All staff and volunteer leadership has a police security clearance record check, and many have taken First Aid.
Walton strives to be:
- A community which integrates children, youth, and young adults into worship and programs
- Providing a caring, loving Christian environment where children, youth and young adults are welcomed, valued, nurtured and supported both personally and spiritually
- Providing programs and activities to encourage each family member at whatever age and stage of life they are at
- Providing programs and opportunities that develop and encourage outreach and mission awareness of our children, young people and families locally and globally, like Kerr Street Mission, Wesley Urban Ministries and Sleeping Children Around the World
- A community which encourages worship that includes and inspires participation and spiritual development
- An exciting play based, Sunday School program for children age 3 to Grade 1, which happen in Bethel Hall, where, puppets, games, songs and activities bring the Bible Stories to life for these little ones.
- Inclusive of different learning styles, Grades 1 – 5 meet in Bronte Hall, for hands on learning, through drama, object lessons, where they are sharing God’s Holy Word, applying it the world they are growing in, in school and their community
- Help with embracing independence from parents making choices to making choices of their own, Grades 6-8 meet in the Youth Hall, this enthusiastic, creative group of young people learn through lessons focusing on games, activities, music and helping others, in our community and beyond.
- Present and available in transitioning into High School, independence and making choices, Teen Talk is a great place for teens to gather together to support, encourage and nurture one another through the expectations and opportunities of high school, with a Christian heart and mind.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES YOU ARE INVITED TO….
Morning Out, Tea & Tots & Babies too
Mom’s, Dad’s, Grandparents to gather together with their little ones each week for adult conversation, coffee, tea and treats, play time for the children, with various toys, crafts, songs and games for the little ones. Snack time for the children where they share grace, and share together building community. Tuesday mornings 10:00-11:00am in Youth Hall Sept.- June
Click here for dates
Upside Down Church
Welcomes families who have or haven’t been able to be involved in a church, or are seeking to find a place to learn more about God. It is a time to gather together in community to share a bible story, through games, crafts, drama, and have an informal worship time, and share a meal together. A safe place to ask questions, grow in community. Monthly on Saturdays.
A safe place to ask questions, grow in community. Monthly on Saturdays.
Click here for the next event!