Our Stewardship campaign theme this year is: “Pitch in be part of the family!” We will spend the next two Sundays (October 16 and 23) reflecting on the gifts we bring to our Walton family and beyond, through our time, talent and treasure. Please pick up your Stewardship package in the foyer of Bronte Hall or in the office. In it you will find, your Estimate of Givings form and a “Pitch in” pledge card which gives you the opportunity to express your interest in areas you would like to give your time and talent. Join us on Celebration Sunday on October 23 to celebrate our Walton family (with cake – of course!)
Walton Memorial United Church is a registered non-profit organization that relies on contributions from its member, adherent and friends to accomplish our Mission and Ministries. Our small but dedicated team ensures even the smallest contributions go a long way to offer Ministry and programming in the areas of Worship, Learning, Caring and Reaching out as we continue to live out God’s transforming love in so many faith-filled ways. Please donate here: http://www.canadahelps.org/CharityProfilePage.aspx?CharityID=d12237
“Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.” ~ Deuteronomy 15:10
Walton’s Stewardship committee works in collaboration with both Administrative and Ministerial staff to deliver a holistic Stewardship program at Walton. The Stewardship Program at Walton includes Year-Round Congregational Stewardship with a focus on Six Best Practices.
- Operational Management
- Stewardship Integration in Worship
- Stewardship Formation
- Stewardship Leadership
- Spiritual-Nurture Opportunities
- Engagement in Outreach Activities
Annual programs supported by the Stewardship Committee:
- Our PAR program – Pre-Authorized Remittance or PAR is a program administered by the United
- Church of Canada allowing members to give regularly to the church – even when they are away or on vacation! We know that as our membership in the PAR program increases so to does our financial stability and our ability to forecast and plan for the future.
- Fall Annual Givings Review — each year we celebrate stewardship at Walton and ask members and adherents to assist in the budgeting process by making estimates of their annual giving.
- Annual Narrative Budget — the Annual Narrative Budget helps tell the congregation’s story and connects the Time, Talent and Treasures we invest with the congregation’s ministries
- Special Needs and Capital Projects: some years, we require special efforts to meet unusual needs or capital projects. Stewardship leads the fundraising initiatives to meet these needs.
In recent years, special fundraising initiatives have included:
2014 – Heating revitalization and Air Condition Installation in the Sanctuary
2011 – Restoration of our 100-year-old Stained Glass Windows
2005 – Repairs on the church foundation after a collapsed wall
2003 – Repainting of the church
If you are called to join the Stewardship Committee in their mission to support Walton and Christ’s community, please contact Monique Delorme, Stewardship Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905 469-4146