No matter who you are or where you are on your spiritual journey, Walton warmly welcomes you!
We hope to show Walton’s warmth and hospitality to all who enter our doors, just as Jesus did. We welcome all regardless of age, ability, cultural background, sexual orientation or gender identity, income level or beliefs.
You’ll find there are activities at Walton most days of the week, not just on Sunday. You may find something that appeals to you or your family. There are opportunities to build relationships, ask faith questions, learn from the Bible, find peace, find purpose and joy in opening your heart to Christ.
New to Walton?
– we offer a warm community of faith
– come as you are: some wear jeans, others dress up
– we love to have children in the service (and their noises too!)
What happens on Sundays?
– someone will welcome you and seat you wherever you like. Don’t worry — there is no special seating. We won’t put you on the spot and announce your presence!
– we invite you to fill out a Welcome Card in the pew rack to let us know you are visiting
– the service can be easily followed by watching the screen or reading the weekly bulletin distributed by our ushers
– there is a brief greeting time near the beginning of the service to connect with each other
– Rev. Jim shares most of the messages and speaks with experience, insight and humour
– music includes traditional hymns and contemporary songs, use of the organ and piano, string and wind instruments. Our three choirs are amazing!
– when the offering plate is passed, don’t feel you need to contribute; you are our guest!
– Rev. Jim enjoys greeting people after the service at the back of the church
– we have a Welcome packet to give you with more information if you’d like one
After the Service:
Please join us between the services for a time of community: a time to share and visit with our church family, with fair-trade coffee, tea and juice (and often something baked). During this time, there is an activity table set up for the children to use while the adults enjoy some social time.
If you have any questions, please speak to an usher, someone near you in the pew or come to the Welcome corner at coffee time in Bronte Hall between the services.
Check out our Weekly and Monthly events!
There is always something for everyone!
- Sunday 9:30am family service, and 11:00am traditional service with coffee time between services from 10:30-11:00am in Bronte Hall
- Upside Down Church monthly on Saturday eve 4:30-6:30pm includes worship, supper and fun family time
- Special services – Taize, Service of Memories, Christmas Eve, Good Friday and Easter
- We provide Christian education/ nurturing on Sundays at the 9:30am service for preschoolers to college age
- We provide adult education through the year ( studies, small groups, reflection)
We offer care and pastoral support, counseling to our members and friends (cards, messages, care packages, prayer shawls, prayer chain, senior socials, community dinners)
We provide time and resources for God’s work in our local and global communities (Kerr Street summer camp, Wesley Urban Mission, the Lighthouse shelter, Sleeping Children Around the World, Mission and Service Fund).
We invite you to come and worship with us at Walton!
A place to learn. A place to serve. A place to belong.